Terms and Conditions :
- Service is not available for clients who have been to any overseas countries and regions in the past 14 days.
- If client submit an appointment request using Virtus’ online system, it implies that the client has read and understood and consent to the terms and conditions set out below concerning the promotion after submission.
- The promotion period is valid from today to 7th August 2021 (both dates inclusive).
- Service location:
Virtus Medical Centre (H Zentre) - 11/F, H Zentre, 15 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Dr Norman Chan Clinic - 1506B, 15/F, Wing On House, 71 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Medication and other treatment/investigation cost are not included in this programme.
- This promotion is not applicable for the use of Health Care Vouchers.
- This offer is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Appointment is not confirmed until a confirmation email has been received.
- Client will receive a call from customer care team within 2 business days to confirm his/her booking.
- If client has not been contacted by customer care team within 2 business days of appointment request submission, client should call +852 8102 2022 to inquire about the status of his/her request.
- Virtus Medical Group reserves the right to vary/amend the offers and the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In case of any dispute, the decision of Virtus Medical Group shall be final.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- These terms and conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail.
What can a FibroScan detect?
FibroScan, also known as transient elastography, is a non-invasive and painless technology for assessing liver fibrosis and fatty liver disease. It uses a probe, which is placed on the skin surface, to release gentle shock waves that travel through the liver and measures the velocity of the waves. The faster the waves travel and bounce back, the stiffer the liver is and the more scarring the liver has. The controlled attenuation parameter (CAP) score from FibroScan can also measure the fatty change in the liver, making it a valuable device in assessing fatty liver disease (hepatic steatosis).
How is FibroScan different from other liver examinations?
|Liver Biopsy|| || |
|Liver Ultrasound|| || |
|FibroScan|| || |
|Blood Test|| || |
Who Should Get a FibroScan?
A CUHK’s study in 2013/14 revealed that 47% of diabetic patients have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), among which 33% have developed severe liver fibrosis despite having normal liver enzyme levels (e.g.: aspartate transaminase, AST). The findings reflected that liver enzyme levels were not the best marker for fatty liver or liver fibrosis. The liver-specialized ultrasound device FibroScan is non-invasive and could measures fibrosis (scarring) and steatosis (fatty change). The following group of people who are at higher risk for liver diseases are recommended to have their liver checked as part of a regular health assessment.
|Diabetes/ Insulin Resistance|| |
Patients with body mass index > 30 hg/m2:
Patients with elevated blood pressure (> 130/85 mmHg) are 1.5 times as likely to have NAFLD than healthy individuals
|Alcohol consumer|| |
Compared to non-drinkers, people who drink 2 glasses (each contains 10g alcohol) a day has a 7 % higher chance of developing 27 chronic diseases associated to alcohol use; the number for those who drink 5 glasses per day is 37%.
|Hepatitis B|| |
Estimated HBV infection in Hong Kong is around 540,000 cases
|Hepatitis C|| |
|Take certain medication for a long time|| |
Examples of medicine that can caused fatty liver:
However, people with the following conditions are not recommended to take the examination:
- Implanted with a pacemaker/defibrillator
- Very small rib spaces
How is FibroScan done?
- You should fast for 2 hours before the examination.
- During the examination, you will lie down on your back with your right arm raised behind your head.
- A small amount of water-based gel will be applied to the right side of your abdomen.
- A FibroScan probe will be placed on the skin between your right ribs to obtain the measurement.
- You may feel a slight vibration on the skin at the tip of the probe.
- The scan takes approximately 5-10 minutes. You can receive the result immediately.
Enquiry and booking: 8102 2022
|+852 8102 2022|
|11/F, H Zentre, 15 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon |
1506B, 15/F, Wing On House, 71 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong