About the specialty
How can counselling be helpful?
- Are you are feeling overwhelmed and feeling lost and things can seem insurmountable to manage?
- Are you feeling moody and agitated and seem your head is out of control?
- Are you experiencing huge changes and find it overwhelming and challenging?
- Are you feeling stuck and feel unable to find a way forward?
- Are you struggling with sleep?
- Are you feeling lost, alone or isolated?
Counselling can help provide strategies to slow things down and improve processing and can compartmentalise issues to help to alleviate problems. When speaking to a therapist/ psychologist you can feel less alone and have a place to look at these emotions without judgement. Therapy can help to gain new perspectives and find proactive ways to connect to others.
- Low Self Esteem
- Trauma and Abuse
- Relationship Issues or Breakdown
- Depression/ Low Mood
- Post Natal Depression
- Adjustment Disorders
- Addictive Behaviours
- Life Direction
- Panic Attack
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Illness
- Anger Management
- Identity Issues
- Cultural Issues
The first stage involves clinical interview and the use of multidimensional approach to gather information about the client. The assessment phase is to have a preliminary understanding of the issues and to develop some initial hypotheses about how and why the client is seeking therapy. Assessment and review will be ongoing throughout the whole duration of the therapy process.
The subsequent phases of psychotherapy involve treating the whole person rather than only alleviating client’s psychological distress. This multidimensional approach includes the analysis and treatment of the client’s mental, emotional, behavioural, and cognitive presentations. Our clinical psychologists will use a combination of evidence-based therapies rather than one core therapy.
Approaches and modalities include:
- Cognitive Bahaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness and relaxation strategies
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Schema Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Assertiveness Training
This holistic approach is to help the client to achieve therapy goals set collaboratively with the therapist during the assessment phase. A combination of different modalities of therapy will be tailor-made for an individual client after a thorough understanding of the problems related to the client’s initial presentation.
*Individual counselling is provided to adults, adolescence and children. Issues may include grief and loss, trauma, addictions, eating disorders, anxiety, stress, depression and relationship difficulties.
Our clinical psychologists provide both individual and family therapy to youngsters with emotional and behaviour concerns. We believe in the importance of prevention. We also offer working with parents to help enhance parental satisfaction, meaning, efficacy, confidence and skills.
- Relationship issues
- Emotional dysregulation
*Couples work is also offered for those with inter-relational issues.
*Family counselling and support is also provided for families with need to intervene at a systemic level.
- Supporting family members when faced with any specific mental health issues
- Supporting the family with any chronic medical conditions
- Trauma resulting from abuse, family violence, significant loss or family disruption; or
- Individual(s) facing any social, emotional and behavioural disturbances within the family or outside the family.
|+852 8102 2022|
|10/F, Virtus Medical Tower, 122 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong|