COVID-19 Pre-Vaccination Health Assessment
The guidelines of the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) stated that people with severe chronic diseases should defer COVID-19 vaccinations until medical condition is in better control, including those with hypertension, diabetes and hyperlipidemia. Many people do not participate in health screening regularly and may have developed chronic disease unconsciously. Virtus Medical has launched the COVID-19 Pre-Vaccination Health Assessment to screen the risk factors for individuals before COVID-19 vaccination and the report will be analysed by medical doctors.
|COVID 19 Pre-Vaccination Health Assessment|
|1. Physical Examination ||4. Cardiovascular Risk Profile |
|Do not eat or drink at least 8-12 hours prior to the check-up|
|Optional Item |
Terms & Conditions :
- Advanced booking is required for this promotion.
- Medication and other treatment cost are not included in this programme.
- Service location :
Virtus Medical Tower – 17/F, Virtus Medical Tower, 122 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong
Virtus Medical Centre – 11/F, H Zentre, 15 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Virtus Medical reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any dispute, Virtus Medical will reserve the right of final decision.
Who should join COVID-19 Pre-Vaccination Health Assessment?
- Those who have not undergone a physical examination for 6 months or more
- People with three-hypers (hypertension, hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia) who are not followed up by medical doctors or have regular follow up visits
- People with family history of cardiovascular disease
- People who have had angina
- Aged 60 or above
Who should undergo CT coronary angiography?
After assessing patient’s family history and blood test report, doctor will advise those with high risk of heart disease to undergo CT coronary angiography for diagnosis of heart disease and coronary artery disease.
What do I need to prepare before having COVID-19 Pre-Vaccination Screening?
- Do not eat or drink at least 8-12 hours prior to the check-up
- It is recommended to bring your medical record and previous medical report (if any).
Who are not suitable to receive COVID-19 vaccination?
The COVID-19 guidelines issued by CHP stated that the CoronaVac vaccine should not be given to the following individuals, including:
- Persons with history of allergic reaction to CoronaVac or other inactivated vaccine, or any component of CoronaVac
- Persons with previous severe allergic reactions to vaccine (e.g. acute anaphylaxis, angioedema, dyspnoea, etc.)
- Persons with severe neurological conditions (e.g. transverse myelitis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, demyelinating disease, etc.)
- Persons with uncontrolled severe chronic disease
- Pregnant and lactating women
Comirnaty vaccine should not be given to the following individuals:
- People with previous allergic reactions to the Comirnaty, or to the active substance or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Under what circumstances should COVID-19 vaccination be deferred?
CHP also recommends individuals with the following conditions should defer COVID-19 vaccination until their medical condition is in better control, including:
- Persons with severe chronic disease not under satisfactory control
- Persons with acute/unstable disease requiring treatment/medical attention
- Persons undergoing treatment adjustment to better control the disease
Guidelines also suggest that evidence of clinical disease should be taken into account for assessment when dyslipidaemia alone is encountered. Notwithstanding individual assessment, patients with recent acute myocardial infraction or stroke should defer vaccination for generally 3 to 6 months with good recovery and stable control.
COVID-19 Related Services
|+852 8102 2022|
|17/F, Virtus Medical Tower, 122 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong |
11/F, H Zentre, 15 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon