Terms and Conditions
- Doctors of Virtus Medical Group is offering online consultations via video call (“Tele-consultations”) through its website and call centre.
- Tele-Consultation services are only available to persons currently residing in Hong Kong.
- Tele-Consultation services are not applicable for insurance claims or the use of Health Care Vouchers.
- The following terms and conditions govern all the transactions with respect to tele-consultations.
- Tele-consultations are not intended in any ways to replace a face to face consultation with a doctor.
- Virtus advices the users to make independent assessment in respect of its accuracy or usefulness and suitability prior to making any decision in reliance hereof.
- If patient’s condition is of public health concern, the patient will be contacted immediately and please note that we are required to report it to Centre for Health Protection.
- Terms 'you' and 'your' hereafter refer to the user who is using or browsing through the Virtus Medical Group website (www.virtusmedical.com) and / or partner websites and / or availing any of the services from Virtus Medical Group.
- A doctor-patient relationship must be established before a tele-consultation can be conducted. Upon receiving the appointment booking request, the doctor will reach out to you to understand your condition. You may be asked to provide medical, health and personal information to help the doctor decide whether a tele-consultation is suitable. This may be done over the phone, via email or other means of communication.
- Tele-consultation from a specific doctor shall be available subject to his/her availability, willingness and/or discretion.
- A prepayment must be made for a tele-consultation appointment to be confirmed.
- Confirmation of your appointment with a specific doctor, as per his/her availability, shall be sent to you via SMS and/or WhatsApp and/or WeChat and/or email. The doctor reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an appointment without any prior notice
- The consultation time provided is indicative and actual consultation time may change depending on the consulting doctor's discretion. Fee charged is based on the indicative timeframe and will be subject to adjustments.
- If a longer session is deemed necessary by the consulting doctor, it will be arranged and fees will be adjusted accordingly either before or during the consultation. Another session may have to be arranged if a longer session is not possible.
- Tele-consultations can be rescheduled or cancelled no less than 2 working days of the scheduled session.
Information and Documents required
- You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of medical, health and personal information you provide. The opinion/advice of the doctor will depend solely upon the information you’ve provided.
- User discretion is advised while sharing your required personal and clinical information.
- If the information provided by you is false/deceptive/inaccurate or misleading, Virtus reserves the right to cancel your appointment without assuming any liability whatsoever.
- The information provided by you may be used by for the purpose of services including analysis, research, training and disclosure (where required) to its affiliates, agents and government authorities.
- The information provided by you can be kept with Virtus indefinitely and can be used without revealing your identity.
Equipment and connectivity requirement
- Tele-consultation services shall be provided to you via video consultation. Please ensure that you are equipped with proper video conference equipment and internet connectivity. In case of inadequate video conference equipment, technical error or defective internet connectivity, Virtus reserves the right to reschedule or cancel your appointment without any notice.
- You understand and acknowledge that there will not be any physical examination involved and the consultation services shall be provided remotely. The opinion delivered by the doctor shall solely be based on the verbal communication between the concerned doctor and the patient and other information provided by you. The consulting doctor shall not, under any condition or circumstances, be liable for (i) misdiagnosis, (ii) faulty judgment, (iii) interpretation error, (iv) perception error, (v) inefficacy of prescribed treatment or advice, (vi) validity of the advice or prescription provided by the consulting Doctor in your country of residence (vii)unavailability of the recommended or prescribed treatment or medication.
- Users are advised to use their discretion in making any decision in reliance on the opinion or advice obtained post consultation.
- Tele-consultation services are not meant in any way for emergency and life-threatening conditions. It is advised to take the patient to the nearest hospital in such cases.
- At the beginning of the tele-consultation session, we would need to visually identify the patient. If the patient is under the age of 18, we would also need to identify his/her relationship with the parent or legal guardian by asking to see a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- The doctor will identify himself/herself.
- The doctor will ask who else is in the room where the tele-consultation is taking place. Please let him/her know.
- The consultation will be recorded.
- For users residing outside of Hong Kong
- Our doctor does not have a license to practice medicine in your country or jurisdiction, therefore his comments, recommendations and proposed management can at most be considered an opinion based on the facts you provide and not in any case a piece of medical advice.
- You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of medical, health and personal information you provide. You understand that the opinion of the doctor is formed solely based on the information you provide.
- Our doctor’s conduct will only be governed by The Medical Council of Hong Kong.
- Our doctor strongly advices you to make independent assessment in respect of the opinion’s accuracy and suitability and to consult a medical practitioner in your country of residence prior to making any decision in reliance hereof.
Medication and Treatment
- Medications and treatments prescribed by the doctor, if at all, will have to be collected at the clinic by the patient.
- Patients may authorize a representative to collect medication on his / her behalf by completing and signing an authorization letter. The authorized representative must present the following documents when collecting the medication: (i) an authorization letter signed by the patient clearly listing authorized representative’s full name and HKID card number, (ii) patient’s HKID copy and (iii) authorized representative must be present the relevant ID original copy (for verification of information purposes).
- The clinic will not be responsible for delivery of treatment or medication unless this has been agreed prior to the consultation. Depending on circumstances, outreach services such as delivery of medication and/or treatment may be arranged at an additional charge. COVID-19 test: For cases with reportable test results, Virtus will report the cases to the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) according to the CHP’s instruction and patients will be transferred to the designated hospitals under the Hospital Authority for further clinical management.
Payments and Refunds
- Payment is required at time of booking.
- Payments are nonrefundable.
- Virtus reserves the right to modify or implement a new pricing structure at any time prior to billing you for your initial payment or for future payments.
Privacy and Security
- Please be assured that your privacy and confidentiality will be safeguarded. All records of the tele-consultation will be kept in the same way as our written records in the clinic’s record system
- We will also do our best to ensure security on the internet.
- Virtus uses all reasonable endeavors to ensure the integrity of the online payment facility’s security. Despite our endeavors, breaches of security and confidentiality could occur. You acknowledge that we are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of any breaches in security.
- You agree and undertake to indemnify and keep indemnified Virtus Medical Group and the concerned doctor for any losses, costs, charges and expenses including reasonable attorney fees that the concerned doctor and Virtus may suffer on account of misdiagnosis / faulty judgment / interpretation errors / perception error arising from (i) your failure to provide correct and / or complete clinical information / history about the patient in a timely and clinically appropriate manner; or (ii) suppression of material facts; or your failure to provide relevant clinical information about the patient; or (iv) misinterpretation of the advice / prescription / diagnosis by you; or (v) failure to follow doctor’s advice / prescription by you.
- In no event shall Virtus be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including without limitations, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of Virtus’ services.
- Virtus may at any time, without any prior notification, modify these terms and conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
- This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
- Virtus makes no representation that the services are appropriate for patients in any other location except Hong Kong.
- If any part of the agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law then the said provision will be superseded by a valid, enforceable provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- You represent and warrant that you are above 18 years of age and that you are competent and eligible to enter into legally binding agreement.
The terms and condition herein form an agreement. Please read this agreement carefully and if you are not agreeable to any terms and condition please do not proceed further. By clicking on “I Agree” and proceeding further you signify that you read through, understood and accepted aforementioned terms and conditions of use of service. You must agree to the above terms and conditions in order to avail the services through the website. If you have any queries or need any clarification or assistance please contact our customer care hotline at 8102 2022.